I'm a big fan of that drama!
Last year, I was pregnant and have had bad morning sickness... I couldn't eat anything but cracker or orange juice.
It was a hard time for me. I lost my weight about 17lb for about 1 month.
I spent almost all the time in the bed. But, when I wasn't feeling so bad, I lay down on the sofa in living room and watched SHINYA SHOKUDO with my husband.
Shinya Shokudo has only one menu, TONJIRU! But If a customer willing to order something else, the master would cook as much as possible.
After I watched this Drama, I feel I would like to eat TONJIRU.
That time, it was still early summer. TONJIRU is a winter soup though, my husband cooked it. And It was delicious!!!
So, This year, I cook TONJIRU many times already for my husband and my baby. Both of them loves TONJIRU. It's warm and nice Japanese comfort food.
I hope you like it too.
＊＊Ingredients＊＊ 4 to 6 servings
1000ml (about 4 US
1 tsp salad oil
1/2 gobo (burdock root)
1 small sweet potato
1/2 block tofu
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp MIRIN
4 and 1/2 tbsp MISO
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Cut pork into bite-sized pieces.
2. Peel the Daikon and Carrot. Cut into quarter rounds.
3. Remove dirt from the burdock, Make a lengthwise cross shape incision. Cut it with a knife as if you were sharpening pencil. Soak it in water about 5 minutes. Then rinse and drain the burdock.
4. Tear the block of
6. Peel Satoimo and sweet potato. Cut into bite-size.
7. Slice leek.
8. Heat the salad oil in a large pot, and fry the pork.
9. When the pork is cooked, Add the all vegetables and
10. Pour water into a large pot.
11. When it starts to a boil, skim off the scum.
12. Tear the block of tofu with your hands, And add them.
13. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
14. Dissolve the miso into the stock. And, Add soy sauce, MIRIN
Ready to eat!!