NIKUJAGA is one of the popular comfortable food in Japan.
Japanese Mom doesn't even follow the recipe, because they know how that taste like. And just cook NIKUJAGA without the recipe. So, that's the NIKUJAGA should be.
It means NIKUJAGA is very easy and simple. Once you know how to cook.
And, If you ask to Japanese men, 'What do you want your girlfriend to cook for you?' They will answer 'NIKUJAGA!' So, He could know what the type of girl she is and she would be.
It is definitely a very popular family-favorite food!
＊＊Ingredients＊＊ 4-6 servings
) Sliced Beef oz
8 green beans
150g SHIRATAKI noodles
2 tbsp salad oil
400ml (about 13 and 1/3oz) DASHI
3 tbsp MIRIN
1. To prepare the SHIRATAKI, Rinse and drain well. A
nd Boil for 3 minutes, drain and cut into easy to eat length. S et aside.
2. Cut Potato into 4-6 pieces and soak in a water. Cut carrots in rolling edges. Cut Onion into 1 cm slices. Cut Green beans into 5cm. And Cut Beef into about 5cm.
3. In a Large Pot, Stir-fry the beef with salad oil until no longer red. Add Potato, Carrot, Onion and Stir-fry until translucent at the potato
4. Add the DASHI soup stock. Bring to a boil over low-medium heat. Skim off any
. Add Soy foamy scum , Sugar, MIRIN. Simmer for about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. sauce
5. Add SHIRATAKI and Green beans. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Now, It's ready to be served!!
Also, You can make NIKUJAGA with sliced Pork! I like Pork NIKUJAGA as well.
And Just let you know, NIKUJAGA tastes better the next day too!