I can see some Spring sweets when I go super market.
SAKURA MOCHI and Strawberry DAIHUKU MOCHI is especially my favorite!!!
SAKURA (Cherry Blossom) is a symbol of Spring for Japanese people.
That's why we love SAKURA.
I just made SAKURA Chiffon Cake for a Spring dessert.
Since I was a high school student, Chiffon cake is my specialty. I have made many kind of chiffon cake, but I'm not still tired of them!
This cake is not for beginners. I must tell you, Its difficult... I don't want to use any baking powder or baking soda for this cake. So, I depend on egg power!
Please be sure, you might need to practice for a few times until you gonna get the knack!
It's worth it♪
＊Ingredients＊ 8 inch chiffon cake
- 4 Egg yolk
- 60g granulated sugar
- 75 cc extra virgin olive oil
- SAKURA CHA (100 cc Hot water + 30g salted cherry blossom)
- 140g cake flour
- 7 Egg white
- a pinch of salt
- 100g granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 170 C(340 F ).
Sift the cake flour.
Egg yolk must be at room temperature.
Dry all baking tools.
Measure all ingredients before starting.
Tips/ How to make SAKURA CHA?
Swish the Cherry blossom in water to remove the salt,
We need 130 cc SAKURA CHA for this cake.
|This is SAKURA CHA.|
1. B: In a large bowl, Beat the egg white and a pinch of salt with a electric mixer on high speed until dense foam. Add sugar and beat on slow-medium speed until stiff peaks foam.
2. A: In a large bowl, Beat egg yolk and sugar till thick and light colored in a double boiler.
3. A: Add a half of the flour into yolk mixture, mix well. add the rest of the flour and mix with a whisk until it get smoothly.
4. Fold 1/3 of meringue into yolk mixture with a whisk, Fold the remaining of meringue into yolk
mixture with a Whisk.
5. Pour the batter into the ungreased pan.
Lift and drop the pan on the counter to pop the air bubbles. and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven, invert the cake onto a neck of wine bottle. (I used SHOCYU bottle though.) at least 2 hours.
|Serve plain or with whipped cream☆|
|SAKURA CHA. Look SAKURA Pink!!|