I like that movie. If you have watched it, you have seen a girl 'Chihiro' was eating riceball.
that is 'ONIGIRI / OMUSUBI'!
I like that scene, and I can't stop crying everytime I watch it.
Why Chihiro starts crying just after she ate Onigiri?
I think, because Onigiri is Japanese soul food,comfort food, traditional food and We are so familiar with Onigiri. So, she was relieved at the Onigiri. I understand her. that's the way it is!
So, I would love to share the Simple Onigiri recipe, sincerely.
It's very simple. and soo easy!
*Ingredients* 3 serving
3 cup steamed Japanese rice or Sushi rice
salt to taste
strips of dried NORI seaweed
UMEBOSHI pickled plum
grilled salted salmon
1. place cooked rice in a bowl, sprinkle salt, and fold.
2. Place a third of rice on a plastic wrap, then form into triangle or a ball with your both palms and pressing gently lightly.
3. Off the Plastic wrap. then, Wrap the riceball with a strip of NORI seaweed if you like.
4. If you want to put UMEBOSHI in, Remove the seed. Place a third of rice on a plastic wrap, then make a dent in the middle of rice, then put UMEBOSHI in the dent. Form into triangle or a ball with your both palms and pressing gently lightly. off the Plastic wrap.
|UMEBOSHI (pickled plum)!|
5. If you want to mix filling in a rice, Pick off the fresh of a grilled salmon, add salmon in a rice. Place a third of salmon mixed rice on a plastic wrap, then form into triangle or a ball with your both palms and pressing gently lightly. off the Plastic wrao.
You can mix Sesame, or sprikle the Rice seasoning, or put KATSUOBUSHI(bonito flakes) seasoned with soy sauce for filling.
If it's too difficult to make triangle shape, don't worry you can make a round shape, and it's so fine!
Onigiri is good for breakfast, lunch, and lunch box too.
|I like this bamboo lunch box!|